Tuesday, May 19, 2009

debut of Alonzo's Lullaby!

Please spread the word far and wide, especially in Baltimore! I've been working on a completely new original score for Nana Projects newest shadow puppet piece, Alonzo's Lullaby. We are debuting the new piece at Creative Alliance, this Friday, May 22 @ 8PM. I will be performing the 30 minute score, absolutely live, with my friend and collaborator, Nick Sjostrom.

Click to Creative Alliance for tickets. There's not a bad seat in the house and tickets are only $15 for what will surely be a strange and wondrous night. I'll also be playing a 30 minute set to start the evening. Here's the official blurb:

Madness, passion and sabotage are intertwined in the newest magic lantern show by the creators of the Great Halloween Lantern Parade. Inspired by the Hagenback-Wallace circus train wreck of 1918, Alonzo’s Lullaby is a luminous, richly-hued, shadow puppet play for adults, with original score performed by singer/songwriter ellen cherry and Nick Sjostrom. Funded by the Jim Henson Foundation.

1 comment:

Jim Baker said...

I wish I could be there!:(

Is anyone filming it for DVD distribution?

Have fun and break a string!