Tuesday, January 08, 2008

people are dumb


There was a horrific crash in Ohio right before New Year's and 5 people from Parkville, MD, were killed. Some dude got really wasted, then drove his truck, at top speed, the wrong way up a highway ramp, slamming into this family's minivan. Of course, he survived, but the family was decimated.

The church where they held a memorial service (and possibly the funeral) for these family members is down the block from my house. I was on my way home from running errands this afternoon and came upon hate-mongering protesters across the street from the church. I pulled over to ask the B'more police officers what was up? I've seen reports on this group before. They go to high profile funerals and protest about how homosexual people are bringing god's wrath upon America. really? I thought it was Republicans and lazy, fat cat Democrats that are doing that.

I went home, gathered up some water and granola bars for the cops and went back to snap a picture. P-ville was hopping. People put up signs that told the "protesters" to go home. I mean, bring your message to Bourbon street, people (i used to see a dude dressed like Jesus every Mardi Gras). Grieving family members do not need to see this shit. And I don't either.
(note: i've censored their signs in this post. i'm not giving the Devil any more help than I already have.)

No comments: