Thursday, August 13, 2009

mini tour with the lovely Dylan Sneed

Last night, Dylan Sneed, my fellow Texan and now a South Carolina resident, played the El Rancho Grande in Baltimore, MD. we had a great crowd, thank you guys for being there! I was worried--sometimes it's hard to get people out on a Wednesday in the town you live in. But we did it, it was really great. Dylan is a wonderful performer and an amazing guitar player. Alternate tunings, looped stuff, and just beautiful tone and technique. it was an education to watch him play. I feel like i learn so much just by being around these great players.

we play DC tonight and again tomorrow night (in Georgetown). We have some guaranteed cash, so that takes some of the pressure off and we can just play and enjoy without worrying so much about the size of the crowd.

'cello camp is coming! i'm stoked. I met with my pals at Naked Blue, Jen and Scott Smith, who are making the trip with me. Jen and I played 'cello together yesterday for about 10-15 minutes. we are going to have a great trip, i'm excited for this adventure.

There's some other adventures going on that I wanted to mention just because I'm excited and happy for my friends and their pending new additions to their families. My drummer, Darin and his wife Carrie are expecting a girl, due in December and my friends Doug and Jaia are expecting a boy. For some reason, it makes me so happy to know that these caring and thoughtful people are producing more people. It's like a balancing act, ya know? I know that they are going to make great parents and raise kids that are also thoughtful and kind and caring. We need more people like that. So kudos to you guys for doing that hard work! I appreciate it and the world appreciates it too. Keep me posted, okay?

No comments: